Praise


Text: Psalm 104.33-35

“I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live” (Psalm 104.33).

Today’s Bible verse reveals to us, wholehearted emotion - “sing praise to my God as long as I live”. Such noble sentiment is shared by most Christians that I know. We want our hearts to be captivated by God until the end of our days. The whole idea of living a life defined by worshipping God, is uplifting. I want to be 90 years old and still amazed by the beauty of God’s creation and overwhelmed by His presence.

The idea of losing sight is very scary. It is far too easy to lose our childlike wonder of God’s creation. Life takes our minds, emotions and dreams away as fast as the bills pile up on our doorstep. This is why the Psalms author desires to maintain an open heart to God. He wishes to praise God all the days of his life.

If this is also your hearts-desire, let me invite you to consider that this does not just happen. It requires a conscious act of will to draw closer to God and allow Him to speak to your heart through songs, silence and creation. Open the Word, think about what you have just read and respond in prayer. Things may not change right away. Don’t worry, it will take time. Don’t underestimate the power of daily time spent with God, nor the source of blessings through singing praises and responding with worship songs.

This is the reason why I would like to invite you today, to start reading the gospels every day. You may prefer to use one of the many Bible reading plans available in the Bible app, if you have a smart phone. You may want to listen to some praise and worship on Spotify or another app. You will find it uplifting as you go through your day.

Listen now, “Every Praise” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yhgrdkrmB0

______________
Free WhatsApp Subscription to our daily devotional 'ON THE COUCH WITH GOD' - https://chat.whatsapp.com/JuEb6l1DA6G2QyIKLC0iSB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Danger

FEARFUL

Worship