THE MIND



One of the most powerful promises in the Scriptures is found in Psalm 1. “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; 2 but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers” (Psalm 1:1-3). Everything you do will prosper. To meditate means to ruminate or to murmur to oneself. Biblical meditation is simply reading scripture, putting it in your heart, and pulling it back up at times throughout the day.

If we meditate on the Word of God, everything will prosper. That is because the Word of God is the software our minds were created to run on. This is what the devil stole from us in Genesis 3. This is what he is wanting to block us from by building strongholds in our minds. The Word of God reprograms our brains. When you are meditating on the Word of God, you are downloading a new software for your brain.

Meditating is taking a text and making it practical. You find a scripture that matches your need. You read what you need. For example, if the devil comes against you with condemnation and he is met with, “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death” (Romans 8:1-2). You come against me with condemnation, but I come against you with scripture. Here are a few more examples:

Instead of criticizing others: I speak in a way that is helpful to others. (Job 16:4-5) I cover all offenses with love. (Proverbs 17:9)

Instead of being fearful: I do not fear when the heat comes; my confidence is in the Lord. (Jeremiah 17:7-8) I am kept safe because of my trust in the Lord and I will not fear man. (Proverbs 29:25)

Instead of feeling hopeless: I put my hope in your word, for you are my refuge and my shield. (Psalm 119:114)

Instead of inferiority: I will not covet what others have. (Exodus 20:17) I am chosen by God to do the good works that He has prepared for me to do! (Ephesians 2:10)

Instead of insecurity: I am secure because nothing will separate me from the love of Christ. (Romans 8:38) I am complete in Christ. (Colossians 2:10)

Instead of jealousy and envy: I am complete in Christ. (Colossians 2:10) I am assured that all things work together for good. (Romans 8:28)

The mind is the main battlefield of good and evil. Any thought you don’t take captive will take you captive. And any thought you have not taken captive, has you captive and we are the gatekeepers of our minds. Use the spiritual weapon of the Word of God by meditating on it day and night. In all that you do, you will prosper.

ON THE COUCH WITH GOD

Take a moment today to pray to the Lord and ask that He reveals any areas where the fevil may have plant a stronghold in your mind. Then, ask the Father to help take action against it by the power of the Holy Spirit and the authority of Jesus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Danger

FEARFUL

Worship